Saturday, June 23, 2012

A day in the life of Lilly

What a life to be a baby...

Lilly usually wakes up anywhere from 530  to 630 every morning... for a mommy who until she had baby said 7 was early this has been a big change. I feed her and then she gets to spend time with Daddy and Mommy in bed

If she isn't ready for a nap she enjoys playing with her "friends" as we call them. She coos and smiles and  constantly kicks her legs and arms while on her play mat.


After she plays, we get her dressed for the day! These days its been so cold that we put lots of layers on her...This day Daddy dressed her!

Don't I look so peaceful sleeping
Naps have been a struggle for us...She does so well at night that I can't really complain. But sometimes she wont even take a nap in the afternoon...and she is super cranky. When she doesn't take her afternoon nap she goes to bed early. We removed her sleep position cushions because I had found her pretty much sleeping on top of them. Lilly is a little bit like her momma when she sleeps. I have found her all sorts of positions in the crib; laying width way, or she has done a complete 180 in her crib. It cracks me up. 

She might take 3 good naps in the day if I am lucky. Her naps last anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours. Most days its 3 or 4  30 minute cat naps. These kill me because I can't get a whole lot done, and I don't really have any time for me. But I guess that is being a momma


One of our favorite daily activities is being outside (as long as it isn't raining). Lilly loves feeding the Ducks. She just watches in wonder. One of my ways of calming her down when she is screaming for no reason is taking her outside. It is amazing how as soon as we outside she stops.
Another activity for the day is Reading. Lilly and I lay on the floor and read books. She loves staring at the brightly colored books. I hope she loves to read. I hope to get her library card this week.

These burp cloths follow Lilly wherever she goes...She has 6 really cute ones and a couple not so cute, but when you are a puker you just need to have them on stand by. You can see them in several of the photos posted above.

Lilly goes down around 6. We start her bedtime reutine around 5 with feed, bath, PJ's, daddy reading a bible story and praying, Feed then bed!
What a life it is to be a baby. Poop, Sleep, Play, EAT. Having people wait on you hand and foot, come at your beckon call. Falling asleep on Daddy's shoulder. Oh what a life

No comments:

Post a Comment