Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Your will be done...

So often I get myself so excited about something that I don't even think about the sacrifice that it would take for it to accomplish my desires. And then the sacrifices are presented to me and my heart aches because I  know I have been a fool and I just wish I could get my way. I want my way to often. How many times do I actually take these things before the Lord and lay them there and say "Your will be done". I know I did that when I thought just maybe Gary was pursuing me, but I am ashamed to say I don't think I have done that really since. I get so caught up in my wants and dreams that I loose sight of the one who can do all things, but only does those things that are good for us (even if it hurts). He sent his only son to die on the cross for us. It hurt him, but it was good. Jesus prayed in the garden "Lord take this cup from me, but not my will but yours be done" He knew how painful it was going to be but he was willing to make that sacrifice if that was the Lords will for him. and Now I sit here with a heart that is sore because I wants and desires for the future might not happen the way I want them to, but I have to say LORD, YOUR WILL BE DONE...

1 comment: