Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sushi Roll?

I have you ever made sushi? I had my first experience.
Last Night a bunch of the BI students came over for Sushi! One of the students was a chef and put together everything to make it!  They set up all the ingredients and tools on the Dining room table and everyone gathered around and rolled their sushi! It was delicious. It was a fun night, I got to meet about 30 BI students whom most of them live on campus so they will be my neighbors very soon.  The boys were hilarious, I felt like I was 14 again sitting in the TV room with David and all his friends. That is exactly how they acted, laughing, making fun of each other, but also having serious conversation in the midst. SO it will be nice to have some people around who remind me of my family.
I am settling in well. I am just sitting back and learning all the quirks and expressions of the south Africans.
I am excited because I will be spending the Night with the Mcginty’s on Monday night so that I can go to bible study with Audrey Griggs that next Morning. Coby and Pamela Mcginty lead the Student Y (which is a lot like RUF) at UCT, where Audrey is studying this year. It will be nice to have a familiar face around.
I worked all afternoon on my lesson for Thursday at the Masi School. I will be teaching Daniel 1 to 3 6th grade classes. I am a little nervous about this mostly because that is a little older for my comfort zone, but Going out of the comfort zone is what helps  you grow! It is my really first task since I have been here. It will be interesting to see how these kids will react to me! I little white American girl standing in front of a classroom of 50 primarily Xhoasa students. (Xhoasa is one of the largest tribes in South Africa). The Lord will take control of my words and say what needs to be said!

No comments:

Post a Comment