Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baboon Crossing

Today was a good day.
After not sleeping for at least 36 hours I slept for 10 hours. The Wannemachers ( Who I am staying with for the first few weeks) graciously let me go to bed early last night while they entertained company. I slept like a rock.
This Morning Bill Carr and I went to downtown Fish Hoek. (Fish Hoek is where I will primarily be working and Living. It is about 45 minutes to an hour from downtown Cape Town.) We went to a car dealer ship where I put a down payment on a 93 Nissan Sentra that was in immaculate condition, according to guys who looked at it for me. And the best part is it’s a automatic, so I don’t have to learn to drive a stick shift. PTL. That was something that was a little nerve racking for me. I should be able to get the car on Wednesday. After wards I went to The Cape with Susan Newkirk and her Dad who was visiting with the Missions Directory at Susan’s home church in St. Louis, Twin Oaks Pres.
The Cape was absolute stunning. All day I have been imaging God creating the world, I think he had a really fun time with CT (Cape Town). Everywhere you look you see either mountain or Oceans and usually both at the same time. I was told before I came that this was the most beautiful place in the World. I have heartily believed it, but now I know it is true.
the Cape Of Good Hope!

I giggle every time I think of Baboons I think of Kenya, because my friend Jen Miller and I got chased by some one day in a National Park. But here in CT they have signs for Baboon Crossings (mostly Warnings, because they are Trouble) It is very similar to Deer Crossing signs. Baboons can do a lot of damage to a car.
I am excited about the work they have me planned for me one is to teach 6th graders bible in a township school. It is a little intimidating to do that, but I know these tasks are the ones the help you grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment