Sunday, April 4, 2010

48 Hours

Well in less than 48 hours I will be on an airplane headed to the other side of the world.
The past couple of weeks have been a whirl wind. Last Saturday My friends threw me a going away Bash. It was a lot of fun, and very touching to see how many people showed up. And then on Sunday I was commissioned by the church. It was wonderful to have my parents and two of my sibling’s families there.  We all took communion alongside my taco gang, my small group, my bible study ladies, and my Kenya team! I thought I would be in tears like I was at my friends commissioning last June, but I kept myself together until my daddy prayed. But then it was just a few tears.
After dealing for almost a month with the South African Consulate I finally received my visa. It is amazing the lies Satan can whisper in your ear when you are trying to be patient. But Everyone’s prayers where wonderful and calming and I had to keep reminding myself that God had this under control.  I was thankful and relieved when the visa arrived on Wednesday.
I am now trying to pack. Thanks to my sister Heather, I have the majority done, but I am still lacking priority items and they are at their maximum weight. I believe I am going to have to pay big bucks for one extra suite case. But I am going for a year!
I will not say that I am not nervous or sad, but I think my excitement is truly outweighing those emotions. I will miss my family and friends. But I know God has a plan for me, if he didn’t then all the details would not have come about as well as they have if this was not His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment