Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Desires of My heart

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of being a Wife and a mother. When I hit 25 yrs old I started to think that was not my calling in Life. I felt maybe the Lord had other plans for me. I was not happy about it what could I do? If God had other plans I would have to find contentment in my life and with the job the Lord had given me to do. After going to Kenya several times I felt the call to go to the mission field, but I really didn't want to go because I knew if I did that would mean I was going to be single the rest of my life. I prayed for contentment and asked the Lord to take the desires of my heart away, so that I could serve him fully and do what he had called me to do. The desires never left, but I knew I had to enter into the mission field. Who knew that while obeying the Lords commands he would bring into my life a wonderful man. 

These past two years have been a complete 180 for me. Gary and I met at the Bible Institute,where I was living and he was studying April 2010. We started dating August 2010. Got engaged November 2010, Got Married April 2011, found out we were expecting August 2011 and Welcomed our baby girl Lilly into the world Feb 2011. She is now 6 months old and such a joy to have.

God continues to be faithful to me even when I do not deserve his love. He has given me the desires of my heart when i thought those desires would never be met. I know God sometimes says No to those desires, but I glad he said yes to me.

April 16, 2011...I give the Lord praise for bringing this man into my life who knows how to deal with all my emotions and loves me unconditionally

My Leap Year Baby...Lillian Christine 3 1/2 weeks early.... That feeling of being a mommy is so great! 

My Family! Thank you Lord for saying yes to my hearts desires!

1 comment: