Friday, July 6, 2012

Snotty Nose Bandit


Lilly woke up at 12 am on Tues night coughing. I fed her and calmed her down. She proceeded to cough all night long and waking around 530 that morning. Needless to say I didn’t sleep much. I was so concerned that she was coughing. She woke up with a snotty nose. And after she fed she puked all over me. I started to give her cough medicine but after talking to my sister she said don’t; that way she can cough up all that is in her lungs. She is a fairly pleasant baby for being sick, but she is pretty pitiful. So Gary and I did the baby Vicks, Saline Drops and when either of got in the shower we put her bouncy seat in the bathroom with us.
That night she woke up at 430 for a feed. We didn’t even get half way through the feed when she puked all of over me and floor; all milk and mucus. GROSS…I don’t handle puke very well so I was thankful that is was night time and the only light in room was her nightlight. I cleaned her and wiped my shoulder and rocked her to sleep.  I promptly took my shirt off before I climbed back into bed at 530. Lilly slept until 830. It was wonderful.

Lilly's medicine cabinet

By Thursday I got a nose aspirator. Our upstairs neighbor must think we are abusing our child the way she screams bloody murder when I use it. But it helps her breath better and she eats and sleeps so much better after a murder session.
We are hoping that she doesn’t get an ear ache with all this snot…so far so good

1 comment: