Saturday, March 2, 2013

One Year of being a Mommy

 Can it really be a year already? I just can't fathom. This year has been wonderful. New learning experiences. and I finally feel like I am getting the hang of this motherhood thing. But what happen to that tiny little baby we brought home from the hospital this time last year.
She has blossomed into a beautiful little Girl. She is full of life. She loves to play, she loves to dance. She wants her mommy involved in what she is doing, but she is ok going off into her room to play by herself. She is weaned. As much as I didn't enjoy nursing, I miss those moments of snuggling with her. Now she doesn't sit still long enough to even finish her bottle at one go, she takes a good 45 mins of coming back and forth to her bottle. She wants to walk every where, except she really isn't confident to do it by her self just yet. and as much as I would love for her to walk independently I am missing my little baby girl so much. No its not time for Gary and I to have another one. As much as I would love it, its just not a good time for us, with all the changes that will take place this year. But Lilly is no longer a baby, she is a toddler. And this mommy's heart is sore because of it. I have to say I don't miss the multiple middle of night feeds, and explosive diapers in the middle of the night, or the I can't get this kid to go back to sleep moments; but I do miss the little baby girl. But I am grateful that I am a mommy. I have always wanted this, and I am enjoying it so much. She is learning more and more everyday. and even though she just babels, we talk often. and I love it. I love her big toothless smile, and Her CRAZY hair, and her sweet personality. She will always be my first baby, the one that made me a mommy. I love you Lillian Christine. God truly has blessed me by putting you into my life and making me your mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Shhhh....don't tell my kids, but Uncle Jason is fairly certain Lilly is one of the cutest kids he has ever seen!

    ReplyDelete